Competition Terms and Conditions
SM Terms & Conditions: Stand a chance to WIN AN XBOX ONE
The competition and rules will be governed by the South African Law and any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Johannesburg High Court, Johannesburg.
- This competition shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of section 36 read with Regulation 11 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008.
- Who Can Enter: Entrants are entitled to participate in this competition if they are natural persons who are at least 18 years old.
- Entrants consent that they have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions by actively entering the competition
- Exclusion: directors, members, partners, employees, agents of, or consultants to the event and/or its subsidiaries including Leppard and Associates (Pty) Ltd, employees, their promotional partners and printers, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Leppard and Associates (Pty) Ltd and/or the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of this competition, or any of the aforementioned persons' immediate family, including spouses, life partners, parents, children and siblings, business partners, or associates of a director, employee or agent of, a consultant to the Promoter are not eligible to participate or enter this competition.
- By participating in this competition, you agree to be bound by all the Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions set out above, without exception. Upon entering the competition, you are added to the respective Brand's fan database and will receive notification emails related to marketing material. This clause is subject to the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act no 4 of 2013) and by entering this competition you hereby grant permission in terms of said Act.
- Attend the 43rd Annual Insurance Conference themed "BUSINESS UNUSUAL" hosted by FIA, IISA and SAIA in Sun City from 24-27 July 2016 and stand a chance to win an Xbox one. Find Steve von Roretz at the Conference and take a selfie with him. Upload your selfie to Twitter, tag @Leppard_Writing and use the hashtags, #FoundSteve and #TIC2016.
- The best selfie taken during the conference stands a chance to win an Xbox one.
- The winner will be announced on 28 July 2016.
- The prize is exclusively for the benefit of the winner and is neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise. Leppard and Associates (Pty) Ltd accepts no responsibility for damage, defect or warranty for the prize.
- The winner will be required to complete a declaration acknowledging receipt of the prize and that he/she is not connected to the Promoter as in terms of clause 5 above.The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this competition in its sole discretion at any time without notice or liability. Leppard and Associates (Pty) Ltd cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, Leppard and Associates (Pty) Ltd in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these terms and conditions. The event, its directors, employees, agents, partners, sponsors or promoters will not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
- Should the winner choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be announced. By accepting the prize, the winner will be required to sign a release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and Leppard and Associates (Pty) Ltd accepts no responsibility for prizes.
- Subject to winners' consent their names will be published in any public material and social media platforms such as Facebook and twitter.
- Any expenses incurred by the winner, other than the items listed above will be for the winner's own account for example travel. Competition entrants should be located in Johannesburg. Leppard and Associates (Pty) Ltd will not be liable or responsible for the winners' travel expense to, and from the Leppard office situated in Illovo, Johannesburg.
- Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoters' decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Neither Leppard and Associates (Pty) Ltd nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for:
a. An error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost or delayed, whether or not arising during operation or transmission, as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside its control, such as, but not limited to, bad weather condition that may restrict any races on the day;
b. Any oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition.